none
sharing code between sharepoint projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two share point portalsa) insidecompany b) outsidecompany

they have code in single visual studio project and both their components are in the wsp file.

how do i reuse the code of a into b or viceversa. how can i share code across.

Su

Monday, April 20, 2015 9:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can create 2 projects in one single visual studio project and have a separate common API project that can be used for both your projects.

Cheers,

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:07 AM
  • Thank you for answering me.

Pls let me know if i want to divide this project into two different team(TFS) projects - how do i manage the code and share the code.

2 separate Projects as 2 different Team Projects and Common API Project  as 3rd team project and then use 3rd team project as dll in both the projects.Is this a good  practise?

What would you suggest?One team project with three projects .Or 3 different team projects and why? What would be the best practise to share the code in each approach..

Thank you.

Su

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:07 PM
  • Hi,

you can create a project with common issues, deploy it as dll and use that from other projects.

Regards

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:16 PM
  • You need to create 3 project in a one single solution. Use the 3rd API project that can be shared or reused. Build WSPs for the other 2 projects and deploy in respective environment.

Cheers,

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 4:51 AM