none
suggestions for Kinect-Unity 2017 C# support RRS feed

• Question

• hi, I'm looking for suggestions on material that can help a non-coder make C# Kinect-Unity script language updates. Old code from 2014 scripts requires some language adjustments. I'm seeing the substitution requirements/suggestions in MonoDeveloper when opening the scripts thru the Unity GUI, but knowing exactly how to implement them escapes me for the time being.  The Unity coding docs are helpful, but I need that "extra nudge" a noobie needs.

For example, LineRenderer.SetVertexCount is now replaced with 'numPositions"

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/LineRenderer.SetPosition.html

thanks.

• Edited by fuelafire Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:22 PM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:58 PM

Answers

• There's no material. Only the C# documentation and the Unity documentation. Other than that is knowledge of programming. You just undestand what the old part did and see if you can write some code(be it a block or just one function call) that is the equivalent/does the same job.

Also when you say "Unity script language" you mean C# right? Saying that in case you meant UnityScript which is like javascript, in which case I'd say don't bother because Unity announced recently that they'll be dropping support for Boo and UnityScript in future versions and focusing on C# alone.

Friday, October 6, 2017 8:11 AM