none
Sniff packets and do something based on specific info RRS feed

• Question

• This may be impossible given my limited programming skills, but here goes. At our office we have one of these video door phones that can be used to call the receptionist so she can buzz you in. The door phone connects to our phone system for the call, but we do not have video phones so I created an app that will capture the video from the door phone. The problem is that we have 6 people responsible for answering the door and after several hours, the door phone bogs down and audio goes to crap (i.e. talking to someone at the door sounds like a bad cell call). Using Wireshark, I was able to see that with each call, there is a handshake and initiation between the door phone and our phone server. 

I'd like to modify my app to catch these packets and only then fire up the video feed. I just don't have a clue how to do it. I don't think I can monitor the port directly without mirroring it (can I?). Has anyone ever monitored a log server and used and entry there to kick off an action in an app? Keeping in mind I'm fairly simple...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:53 PM

All replies