none
Is Microsoft Office Web App available as a trial version download or beta download? RRS feed

• Question

• Is Microsoft Office Web App available as a trial version download or beta download?
    Thanks Arut
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:15 PM

Answers

• Tony,

Office Web Apps is neither a freeware nor does it run on server by default on OS installation. It needs to be procured with license from MS.

Thanks

Arut

Thanks Arut
    Friday, June 24, 2011 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Arut

These forums target programming questions. For this question, it would be better for you to post to a forum that targets the end-user. You'll find more knowledge there about the web apps (that have no programming interface, so no one who works here would use them).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:57 AM
  • My bad.. I couldn't locate the correct forum the other day ...
    Thanks Arut
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:04 PM
  • I am no expert in this, but don't the Office web apps run on the server, so there is nothing to download.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Tony,

Office Web Apps is neither a freeware nor does it run on server by default on OS installation. It needs to be procured with license from MS.

Thanks

Arut

Thanks Arut
    Friday, June 24, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Hi Arut,

It's your question, and your thread, so please feel free to ignore me, but if it doesn't run on the server what makes it a 'web app'. What purpose does it serve paying for and running a web app on the client, and how does it differ from the client version?

Or are you asking about Office 365?

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Friday, June 24, 2011 10:07 AM
  • Tony,

This software runs on the server and hence, a web app. My intention in the previous reply was to highlight that this software doesn't run as a freeware upon OS installation. License has to be procured for this software. 

The purpose of this software is to give users the ability to display/ edit or save MS documents (like word, excel, ppt etc) in a web browser and the same can be integrated with software products like SharePoint.  This sftware is a part of Office 365, but then Office 365 is not a freeware either.

Thanks Arut
    Monday, June 27, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Arut, I do have same question. How do I get it for a trial/demo purpose?

Arun D Gangadharan
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:16 AM
  • Arun,

There is no trial or demo version of Office Web Apps. Atleast that was the conclusion of my pursuit in getting this software.

However, MS has a Skydrive site where you can have a look at this. 

Thanks Arut
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:26 AM