none
How to change the activation-position for setting handpointer.IsPrimaryUser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to change the activation position for the hand(s) so that a user is set to primaryUser in (handpointer.IsPrimaryUser) earlier when rising the hand and stays longer active, when lowering the hand.

As I understand, a hand of a user must be higher than a specific postition, so the Y-Value must be smaller than 1.2 or so.
    I need that value somwhere around 1.5. Is there an easy way to just change that threshold value?

Thank you!

Best regards

Monday, July 8, 2013 9:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have a look at the EngagementStateManager.cs - ComputeTrackingMetric. There are other factors taken into account. 

You should also consider how this would affect the user and does it fall within the guidelines for the PHIZ.

Carmine Si - MSFT

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:51 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I neither find the EngagementStateManager.cs nor a function called ComputeTrackingMetric. Google/Bing doesn't help either, I only find this thread :-)

Where do I find these?

(SDK 1.7, C#, VS2012)

PHIZ = Physical Interaction Zone? I have implemented some gestures, but some users complained about the too high border, because they get out of the interaction zone too often. So I want to change that (and implement some other function to compensate for new problems, which will occur because of that change).

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:03 AM
  • You can find EngagementStateManager here: https://github.com/tkowalczyk/KinectAttractWindow/blob/master/KinectAttractWindow/KinectAttractWindow/Utilities/EngagementStateManager.cs

Usually when I get feedback that some control are offlimit (user have to raise very high their hand or their hand is almost out of kinect sight), it because the Kinect sensor is not place correctly (too low or pointing too low)

If you have a ColorStream or DepthStream or SkeletonStream viewer you will see exactly what Kinect sees and may help you diagnose the positioning issue

Vincent Guigui Innovative Technologies Expert at OCTO Technology MVP Kinect

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:36 AM
  • You may also find the Human Interface Guidelines(HIG) useful as well. There had been a lot of user studies and research put into this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj663791.aspx

Carmine Si - MSFT

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:42 PM