Navigation using Blank Page template

Question

• I have an app created using the Blank Page template. When I call the following:
    Me.Frame.Navigate(GetType(EV3Setup))
    Nothing seems to happen. I have heard stuff about Blank Page not having the same navigation capabilities as the other templates, but I am assuming that there must be some way to navigate. I also noticed that App.xaml.vb uses:
    rootFrame.Navigate(GetType(MainPage), e.Arguments)
    So why can't I use the Navigate method? Or what should I be using instead? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Sunday, March 8, 2015 2:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Nathan Sokalski,

We can do the navigation by using the following function with the Navigate method in the Blank page template:

Me.Frame.Navigate(GetType(***))

But as you said that it can not work in your side, please try to make sure that you have the page: EV3Setup.xaml in your project.

If it still can not work, please try to restart your visual studio and create a simple project to test the Navigation function again. Or please try to post a simple reproduce project in here.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 9, 2015 8:09 AM