none
Our driver signatures removed when submitting to Dev Center Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• We submitted our release signed drivers in an HLK submission package, like we've done hundreds of times before.

The submission from 6/8/2018 came back with both our signatures and Microsoft signatures, like we expect.

The submission from earlier this week came back with our signatures removed from the driver files and only Microsoft signatures embedded.

The response from our Feedback was "this is as designed" and after asking for documentation I was told "I don't have documentation. If you want that post to our development forums."

I know the product teams that use our drivers are going to raise a huge stink about this. They are already because I've been going back and forth with MS "support" all week.

Does anyone have links to the documentation or suggestions of other avenues for support?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Friday, July 13, 2018 10:31 PM

All replies

• Same problem here.

Nothing we manged to do beside appending our certificate after Microsoft signature. 

• Proposed as answer by Roman_C_S Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:48 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Roman_C_S Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:49 PM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:11 AM
  • We encountered the same.  The following blog explains the change:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2018/07/27/signing-changes-for-drivers-targeting-windows-7server-2008-r2-and-lower/

• Proposed as answer by Roman_C_S Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:49 PM
    • Edited by Roman_C_S Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:49 PM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:19 PM