coming up with web page not found when we browse the web application

Question

• coming up with web page not found when we browse the web application 

• Edited by SravanC Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:05 PM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi SravanC,

Please provide more information to narrow down your issue:

Whether you can access this page before?

What have done to the web page or site, such as set Alternate Access Mapping?

Is there only a page, all pages in the site or all sites that occurred this issue.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Thank you for the response. 

yes.

Only WA url is coming up with this message

and site collections under which are able to browse. 

Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

Please check if you have root site collection via Central Administration->Application management->view all site collections->select relevant web application, check if there is a site collection with URL “/ ”. If not, create a root site collection.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Thank you for the response. Noticed that there is no root associated with WA. However I have created root site. Although still the same issue persists. 

Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

After creating the root site collection, whether the URL is the same with your broken web application URL?

If the same, can you access the site via the link display in successfully create new site collection page? Try to run IISReset and check again.

If it’s different, maybe I misunderstanding your issue, I notice you use “https”, have you configure SSL for this web application?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi Wang,

yes it is same. 

Under that web application I have created site collection as per your suggestion. It is working fine.

But still the root web application coming up with same message 

Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Hi SravanC,

What’s your root web application URL?

In SharePoint, root site collection URL is the same with relevant web application URL. We cannot directly browser web application.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, March 15, 2019 3:27 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Thank you for the response. 

Below is the screenshot showing web application URL. But I did not root site collection over there as you have shown in previous thread. 

when I browse above WA url in the server it is coming up with page not found as i said in my first thread. 

And in local machine it is coming up with below message. 

• Edited by SravanC Friday, March 15, 2019 4:24 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 4:23 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

Try to run IISReset in SharePoint 2013 management Shell and check the result.

If the issue exists, I recommend you detaching and reattaching the content database for the Web Application.

Reference: Resolving a HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 Error with a SharePoint 2010 Web Application

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:45 AM