SQL Server Reporting Services Using Mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any best practices for deploying SQL Server Reporting Services using database mirroring? We are using SQL Server 2008 R2. Thanks...
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Danny,

Do you want to mirror the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) databases? If so, there are many ways to perform disaster recovery with SQL Server Reporting Services. For more details, please refer to this technical note: SQL Server Reporting Services Disaster Recovery Case Study. It provides guidance around best practices to design and manage robust end-to-end disaster recovery (DR). This DR method will involve both automatic and manual failover in the form of content switches, SQL Server failover clustering, and database mirroring.

Also, you can move a Reporting Services database from a computer to another computer. For more details, please refer to this article: Move the Report Server Databases to Another Computer.

If I misunderstand you, please correct me and elaborate your scenario. And if you have issues with deploying SSRS, I would like to recommend you to post a new thread on SQL Server Reporting Services Forum.

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best Regards,
    Ray Chen

• Edited by Shulei Chen Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Uri DimantMVP Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:04 AM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Danny,

Do you want to mirror the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) databases? If so, there are many ways to perform disaster recovery with SQL Server Reporting Services. For more details, please refer to this technical note: SQL Server Reporting Services Disaster Recovery Case Study. It provides guidance around best practices to design and manage robust end-to-end disaster recovery (DR). This DR method will involve both automatic and manual failover in the form of content switches, SQL Server failover clustering, and database mirroring.

Also, you can move a Reporting Services database from a computer to another computer. For more details, please refer to this article: Move the Report Server Databases to Another Computer.

If I misunderstand you, please correct me and elaborate your scenario. And if you have issues with deploying SSRS, I would like to recommend you to post a new thread on SQL Server Reporting Services Forum.

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best Regards,
    Ray Chen

• Edited by Shulei Chen Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Uri DimantMVP Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:04 AM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:39 AM
  • We have the databases mirrored but can you setup automatic failover with Reporting Services with only using mirroring?
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hi Danny,

Have you checked the article which I provided above? You can mirror the SSRS databases, but SSRS needs a handful of items to failover as well. So, which your data gets mirrored, you may have to manually failover some components. For more details, please refer to this similar thread.

Best Regards,
    Ray Chen

Monday, October 8, 2012 2:16 AM