Unable to start appcert from command line RRS feed

• Question

•    I don't understand what I'm missing may be somebody will notice what's wrong with this command.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\App Certification Kit>appcert.exe test -AppxPackagePath "C:\Users\Alex\Developmen
    t\Business\Main\trunk\Application\FileDownloaderUWP\Publish\FileDownloader_3.0.52.0_Production_Test\FileDownloader_3.0.5
    2.0_x86_x64_ARM_Production.appxbundle" –reportoutputpath "c:\Users\Alex\Temporary\test.xml"
    A valid report file name must be specified.

No matter what I do. I tried specify the path/name in the quotes, without them, tried to change the arguments order, tried different paths, I ALWAYS get this error message "A valid report file name must be specified". What am I doing wrong?

Alex

• Moved by Mattew Wu Monday, October 31, 2016 2:23 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 1:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

I found "–"in "–reportoutputpath" from your code is not the "-".They really look alike .

So if you used the longer one before, change it to the shorter one.

Or you may try validating your Windows app using the Windows App Certification Kit interactively. And here is the document for reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/windows-app-certification-kit?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

• Marked as answer by Alex K M Friday, October 28, 2016 3:48 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

I found "–"in "–reportoutputpath" from your code is not the "-".They really look alike .

So if you used the longer one before, change it to the shorter one.

Or you may try validating your Windows app using the Windows App Certification Kit interactively. And here is the document for reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/windows-app-certification-kit?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

• Marked as answer by Alex K M Friday, October 28, 2016 3:48 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 10:44 AM
  • WOW! That was it and I wasted so much time. Thank you.

Alex

Friday, October 28, 2016 3:48 PM