How to run XsdObjectGen in Visual Studio 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some classes which were generated with XsdObjectGen in Visual Studio 2005. Now we are moving to Visual Studio 2010.

Does anybody know how to run XsdObjectGen from Visual Studio 2010?

If Visual Studio 2010 doesn't support this tool any more, what's the replacement tool? But the XML classes generated need to be the same because we have other classes and third party applications reference to the classes and XML files generated by XsdObjectGen in VS 2005.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Monday, September 17, 2012 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi BF1,

I can't find how to run XsdObjectGen from Visual Studio 2010. I think it is not supported by VS2010.

We can use Xsd.exe tool to generates XML schema or common language runtime classes from XDR, XML, and XSD files, or from classes in a runtime assembly also.

More information you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(VS.100).aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by BF1 Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi BF1,

I can't find how to run XsdObjectGen from Visual Studio 2010. I think it is not supported by VS2010.

We can use Xsd.exe tool to generates XML schema or common language runtime classes from XDR, XML, and XSD files, or from classes in a runtime assembly also.

More information you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(VS.100).aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by BF1 Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Hi Ego,

The problem is, I have already generated lots of classes using XSDObjectGen. Those classes have dependencies between them. If I change to use xsd.exe now, I need to regenerate all those classes. And then verify the XML output from the newly generated classes are the same as from the old classes.

Our XML files are used by downstream systems. So I have to make sure the XML output are not changed.

This will lead to lots of development effort and testing effort.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:26 AM