How can my app be usefull in snapped view?

Question

• Hi! I used a template to develop my first Windows 8 app, but when I use snapped view, my app shows the text and images of the template, and not the actual content of my app!! Can someone help me? Thanks
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:58 PM

Answers

• You can delete those templates and make your own if you don't like them.

Most of the I done were made from scratch and had custom snap views and it showed only what we think user might be interested.

In designer you have somewhere Device tab that allows you to switch to different states (landscape, filled, snap and portrait view) and record options which allows you to customize how your app should look like in certain state.

My advice for snap view is simple.
    Show what matters and hide what does not.

PS: If you can't find Device tab just do this on your keyboard:
    CTRL + Q
    Device

And than select Design ->Device Window
    Pin it somewhere. It is very helpful.

I hope this information will help you. 

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:19 PM

All replies

• That really depends on what your app does. We can't help you with this without knowing what your app does.

You need to think through what sorts of information or actions would be useful to display in snapped view.

(If you know what you want to display but need help in how to implement it then please post more specific details in the specific forum for the language you are using).

--Rob

Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:15 PM
  • You can delete those templates and make your own if you don't like them.

Most of the I done were made from scratch and had custom snap views and it showed only what we think user might be interested.

In designer you have somewhere Device tab that allows you to switch to different states (landscape, filled, snap and portrait view) and record options which allows you to customize how your app should look like in certain state.

My advice for snap view is simple.
    Show what matters and hide what does not.

PS: If you can't find Device tab just do this on your keyboard:
    CTRL + Q
    Device

And than select Design ->Device Window
    Pin it somewhere. It is very helpful.

I hope this information will help you. 

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:19 PM
  • Thanks! Yours hints are helpful.
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:19 AM