Setting Page direction using Culture and UICulture RRS feed

• Question

• User197122282 posted

I am new to Localization/Globalization. Is setting the Culture and UICulture enough to define the direction of the page (left-to-right or RtL) or we still have to use the 'dir' attribute. For example, if i have a site in Arabic and after setting the Culture and UICulture to say ar-OM, will it also automatically set the page direction to Right-to-Left or I still have to use the 'dir' attribute.

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:24 AM

Answers

• User388626632 posted

No setting Culture and UICulture will not define page direction ,But you can define it once in master page by setting dir property in main container control

dir="<%=Type your recource %>"

take a look at this post

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:08 AM

All replies

• User388626632 posted

No setting Culture and UICulture will not define page direction ,But you can define it once in master page by setting dir property in main container control

dir="<%=Type your recource %>"

take a look at this post

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:08 AM
  • User197122282 posted

I had a similar feeling that setting Culture and UICulture doesn't set the page direction. We have to set the page direction manually. Just for anyone inquisite, we can set the direction at both the page level (using dir attribute in the html tag) or at a control level (for example a div). Your reply has cleared my doubts. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:49 PM