Best way to embed Flash in a Windows Store App using Visual Studio

Question

• Hi,

What is the best way to create an app for windows store containing flash objects (swf) embedded?

Please help, I'm stuck with this since days and is very important for me.

Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:22 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry for this,

there is no way can do to support swf.

I tried to support this before but no success.

Due to flash is stop maintenance, and it didn't support any flash plug-in in WinRT.

Here is alternative solution:

You can try using URL-Assoication, call traditional Internet Explore to display your swf.

• Proposed as answer by Fahime71 Monday, December 15, 2014 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles HezModerator Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:27 AM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 3:11 AM
  • Hi localu,

THKAW was right, currently there is no flash support in WebView control.

Here is some interesting porting article about how to port a flash application to HTML application: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/memory-game-sample-app

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:03 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry for this,

there is no way can do to support swf.

I tried to support this before but no success.

Due to flash is stop maintenance, and it didn't support any flash plug-in in WinRT.

Here is alternative solution:

You can try using URL-Assoication, call traditional Internet Explore to display your swf.

• Proposed as answer by Fahime71 Monday, December 15, 2014 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles HezModerator Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:27 AM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 3:11 AM
  • and make it open in a browser window, you mean?
    I had it like this before, is a game app, and I got the app disapproved by the Windows Store because the game was not in the app they said.
    So this is why now I need to find other way to do it.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Hi localu,

THKAW was right, currently there is no flash support in WebView control.

Here is some interesting porting article about how to port a flash application to HTML application: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/memory-game-sample-app

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:03 AM