Common Criteria Compliance EAL 4+ compliant scripts RRS feed

• Question

• Browsing through several articles I'm unable to find the EAL4+ compliant scripts that need to be enabled in addition to the Common Criteria Compliance option. Most of these resources are linking to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616319 but is resulting into the general SQL Server website. Sample resource: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326650.aspx#Examples

Does anyone have the appropriate link/website to the most recent version of these scripts? Or am I missing out something and is this available on a Github/Installation resource?

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi RemyUrsem,

According to your description, I find a lot of MSDN articles and every links that pointed to the website Microsoft SQL Server Common Criteria are all redirected to general SQL Server website.

Based on my searching, I found a connect: Common Criteria Compliance & SQL Server 2012 which mentions that we can find the Install_cc_triggers.sql script from SQL Server CC Guidance Addendum, then I find the related document which is only upgraded to SQL Server 2012. You can download this book from this link.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:22 AM
  • I checked with our Common Criteria guy and he asked me to post the following:

For the previous certifications SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008R2, and 2008, please follow these directions (I’m hoping to make this less obscure.)

1. Go to www.microsoft.com/sqlserver 
    2. Click on Solutions, Hover over Technology Solutions,  Click on Data Security
    3. Scroll down to Common Criteria, Click on View CC Certifications
    4. Save
    5. Open
    6. Click on any of the last 8 CC Certifications

The pages for SQL Server 2016 SP1 (EAL2) and SQL Server 2016 SP1 (EAL4) are planned to be posted within a few months. These evaluations/certifications are not yet complete.

Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty

• Proposed as answer by Teige Gao Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:53 PM