none
Unable to deploy Enterprise App on Windows Phone 8.1

Question

• I have a Apache Cordova built windows phone 8.1 app.

Using the certificate i have bought from Symantec i have generated the AET token files used to enrol a device

i have tried to enrol the device and install the app but i get the error "Can't install company app There's a problem with this company app Contact your company's support person for help" 

I have tried the process by both email and from a website and the same issue occurs 

Note. when i tried this process using a windows 10 phone the installation was successful

Why am i not able to install this app using my windows 8.1 device =?

ps i have used a windows 8.1 update 1 and windows 8.1 update 2 phones 

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:12 PM

Answers

• thank you for the reply i found the solution to the problem.

The device was developer unlocked but i the problem was with Apache Cordova apps there was a missing file that was needed to sign the application properly which was never shown in the error at all.

here is a link to the answer that explained the problem and provided the solution i was looking for.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31837144/windows-phone-8-1-html-company-apps-cant-install-company-app

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hello Nathanael,

There could exist a variety of reasons for your installation error. So can you describe the process of your deployment or maybe I can give you some possible suggestion first.

In order to sideload the app onto your Windows 8.1 device, you will need to obtain a developer license on your target device, which is not required for Windows 10 sideloading.

Please run Powershell as an administrator on the device with following command:
       Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration
    Then, follow the prompt to finish the dialog before installing your app on the device.

For more detailed steps, you could refer to the blog written by @Sebastian Brandes MSFT.

You might follow Try it out: sideload Windows Store apps to try it again and if the issue persists, please feel free to update here with more detailed info.
    Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:20 AM
  • thank you for the reply i found the solution to the problem.

The device was developer unlocked but i the problem was with Apache Cordova apps there was a missing file that was needed to sign the application properly which was never shown in the error at all.

here is a link to the answer that explained the problem and provided the solution i was looking for.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31837144/windows-phone-8-1-html-company-apps-cant-install-company-app

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:04 AM