none
Setting installed Windows screen resolution RRS feed

• Question

• In the Image Configuration Editor, under Shell-Setup_x86 I have set display to have dimensions of 1024 x 768. However when I deploy the image on our target device, it only shows at 800 x 600. I can change it to the desired resolution in the usual way after that through the context menu, but that's clunky. I'd like it to be 1024 x 768 at first boot.

(Possibly relevant: I am running a couple of OOBE phases - one to install .NET 4.5.1,  the other to install a custom application. )

Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:17 PM

All replies

• I always setup after words. Rarely have I seen this setting work. What pass are you setting the display resolution? What video driver are you using - Intel, AMD, NVIDIA?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:22 PM
  • I'm setting the fields

Setup_x86/Display/HorizontalResolution
    Setup_x86/Display/VerticalResolution

Shell-Setup_x86/Display/HorizontalResolution
    Shell-Setup_x86/Display/VerticalResolution

in the Image Configuration Editor. The video driver is Intel. The 1024 x 768 resolution is applied for the setup process itself, but when the new Windows image starts it is 800 x 600.

Friday, February 21, 2014 9:24 AM
  • What I am mean by Pass for Setup_x86 is pass 4 or 7?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, February 21, 2014 4:52 PM
  • It's pass 7.
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:05 PM
  • I'm using nircmdc.exe in setupcomplete.cmd to set the resolution : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 10:03 PM