App restarting when i minimized the app[Win8.1]

Question

• Hi All,
    I am developing a video app. But when i minimized the program(Windows key+D || Alt + Tab) after i click to open program, App restarting. How can I solve this? 
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi b.erdi,

App itself does not has any privilege to manage the lifecycle, its determined by system, maybe your app use too much resource and system think they should be released to work for other applications.

As Can Bilgin mentioned, you can save your app state while the app is about to suspend: How to suspend an app. We cannot control the lifecycle of the app.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:52 AM

All replies

• Which project template did you use starting this implementation? normally, you should have the suspension manager included in your project and the suspension event should be taken care of.

Or are you sure it is restarting? Meaning, maybe just the state is not saved and retrieved properly, and it is just activating using the default state.

Some useful events about application lifecycle described here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh464925.aspx

Can Bilgin
    Blog Samples CompuSight

Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:44 AM
  • I am sure about restarting. Because services loading again. 
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:08 PM
  • Hi b.erdi,

App itself does not has any privilege to manage the lifecycle, its determined by system, maybe your app use too much resource and system think they should be released to work for other applications.

As Can Bilgin mentioned, you can save your app state while the app is about to suspend: How to suspend an app. We cannot control the lifecycle of the app.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:52 AM