How to publish windows 10 themes to Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• There are so many publisher submitting windows 10 themes to windows store how can we submit our own themes
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is one of the new features on Windows 10 Creator Update.

Currently, it seems the themes available in the Store are published by Microsoft Corporation. So you may not be able to publish themes to Windows Store.

By the way, we can sign up for the Partner Network to be able to publish e-book to the Store. So, I think the themes publishing can be a partner permission in the future.

I'd suggest you to post a feedback at Windows Developer User Voice Site if you want this public.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:46 AM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 9:28 AM
  • It's unfortunate that I have now come to this conclusion myself,

The Gallery is closed, I had a look at it on my first or second use of the windows store; particularly for a nice Desktop Theme. I ended up making one myself, It ended up being a million times better than anything in the Gallery for themes; I figured I could ask a dollar for it as its a nice concept and simple Redrose Dark theme. I sported $20.00 to Microsoft via the convoluted Developer Account registration process; only to find out after several long; heart-felt forms describing my contribution and intent =-= All for nothing. We aren't allowed to publish a Desktop theme, Windows 10 "Themes" gives us the impression that we can Share this, I figured it would all make sense and I went along with the process.

In my opinion,

I'm a bit disgruntled that my outpouring of creativity and finance to Microsoft and the public is a dead end. With about an hour of nothing. This isn't a fun process by any means, Please "Unify" this, And give us this ability as the OP has stated. The ability to publish Desktop Themes as a Product or Free Submission, because the ones you got there aren't nice anyways. IMHO! We're trying to help you out, Microsoft, Have some compassion!

Anyway.

Since I can't share what I made and wasted all the time in the world, Made it through 5 or 7 full forms and registrations and sharings of personal information; Here is my Theme for all, If you like darker, soft red night time themes which are easy on the eyes for 12-24+ Hour long computing sessions, This is Free Themepack; the pack I use which I made and like a Red Rose, am a bit thorny about the end process here... anyway,. TLDR or a lackthereof; A Elegant, Redrose Dark for Windows 10 High Resolution Display Desktop Themepack (Simple, EnergyEfficient, Prolong LED Backlights, No-Burned-Retinas, No Blinded by the "Light":

Enjoy! While you can.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AIU4N6zyRFrpzGk

"Redrose by Cideart"

Cheers,
    Cidemedia.

• Edited by Cideart Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:06 PM
    Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:02 PM
  • There are so many publisher submitting windows 10 themes to windows store how can we submit our own themes

Support, I want to publish themes.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:27 PM
  • Thanks for sharing your theme anyways!  I appreciate it, and your response about not being able to pulbish since I wanted to throw together my own them to publish.  Now I won't waste my time...
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:30 PM