none
How can i calculate and measurement keyboard to software and also software to screen latency with c# programming? RRS feed

• Question

• How can i calculate and measurement keyboard to software and also software to screen latency with c# programming?
    I have been writing a software that measure Reaction Time. For science studies, millisecond is also important. I want to calculate and correct any latency and lag

• Edited by Dr Asefi Monday, March 11, 2019 3:04 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2019 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi asefi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>measurement keyboard to software and also software to screen

For your question, the latency between keyboard to software and also software to screen is very small. 

Can I know why you want to calculate it? How do you define the time when you press on keyboard?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 11, 2019 7:37 AM

• I have been writing a software that measure Reaction Time. For science studies, millisecond is also important. I want to calculate and correct any latency and lag
    • Edited by Dr Asefi Monday, March 11, 2019 2:59 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Hi Dr Asefi,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, a easy reaction time is for KeyDown or KeyPress event. But it is hard to measure.

You could check the link below. Maybe it is helpful.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19284345/wpf-keydown-response-time-accuracy

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:14 AM