none
How do I change VS2015 this keyword color

Question

• Hi ,

How can we change this key word color in Visual studio 2015 editor. Its light blue and dimmed. I want to make it bright and change to different color.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:25 PM

All replies

• I know that you can modify colors, but I'm not sure if it's just for one keyword.

Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Hello 

Hmm... 

Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors  after that ??

I see over 100 items in Fonts and Colors... which one will change  " this " key word color ?

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:11 PM
  • Hi nellis2,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please go to Tools-Options…-Environment-Fonts and Colors, Show settings for: is Text Editor and scroll down in the Display items, then there has an option ‘Keyword’ and I tried to change another color to save this modification, and it works as below:

If I misunderstand your meaning, could you please provide the detail steps to create the example and attach the screenshot of your current VS windows or upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here?

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:01 AM
  • Hi nellis2,

Sara's suggestion would be correct, does it resolve your issue? If it is helpful, please mark it as the answer, so we could close this case for you.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:34 AM
  • "this" key word color is dimmed (vs2015)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:38 AM
  • "this" key word color is dimmed (vs2015)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:39 AM
  • Hi nellis2,

Since one thread for one issue, I open a new case for the new issue here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/60510bd9-88d8-47ec-bd7c-94b5c6864f7e/is-there-a-way-where-we-can-change-double-quotes-color-?forum=visualstudiogeneral

For the previous issue, I get the same result as yours. I don't find the real reason which impacts the result, but it would be related to the "item background", because it has the same color if I change the keyword's foreground and background like the following screen shot. So my understanding is that "this._b" as a new item which has different background, but "this" keyword still uses the same color as the general keyboard.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:57 AM
  • well.. I just want to change only this keyword color and not other keywords.

Saying that by default visual studio 2015 is dimming (looks like grayed out on top) blue color this keyword.

So I am trying to make it look just like other keywords..

Thankyou,

• Edited by nellis2 Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Hi nellis2,

I test it using different VS versions, it seems that VS2013 has no this issue, "this" keyword has the normal color as others in VS2013 even if using the default settings.

But in VS2015, it just shows it dimly, it has no settings in VS2015, and if I input it manually, it showed the normally color after 1s. I think we need to report it to the product team and get some suggestions for this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:19 PM
  • Jack can you please a request to VS team. 

Thankyou,

Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Hi nellis2,

Sorry for my delay.

I help you report this issue to the product team here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/3129671/how-do-i-change-vs2015-this-keyword-color

If possible, you could vote and add your comment there.

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 20, 2017 10:10 AM