about Expresstion Blend:how to drag a WPF Button but generate a Silverlight button xaml. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I don't know how to drag a WPF Button but generate a Silverlight button xaml,I can just drag a wpf button and generate a wpf button using Microsoft.Xaml.Tools.dll,but it's not for silverlight,there is not a release for Silverlight,how can I do this?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:15 AM

All replies

• Could you please clarify what you are asking?
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:54 PM
  • Chuck Hays,

I'm so sorry I did not ask clearly.I have been making a "Blend"  like IDE with wpf, and it have the same function like Blend:

It can generate silverlight xaml by drag and drop controls of "toolbox".For example,I drag some control of wpf on a panel,and it can anto generate Silverlight xaml code for me,but I can only generate wpf xaml using the Microsoft.Xaml.Tools.dll, it has not a Silverlight version. I can not find a way to map the wpf object to the silverlight xaml,But blend and vs can all do this smoothly.I don't know if I ask clearly this time.

Friday, January 28, 2011 2:44 AM
  • I understand the question. As you said, Blend and VS do this, but it is much more complex than just generating the xaml code using the system libraries.
    Friday, January 28, 2011 1:47 PM