Where to find code Samples for Microsoft Visual C# Step by Step 9th Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Code samples link missing on https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/store/microsoft-visual-c-sharp-step-by-step-9781509307760

On https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/store/microsoft-visual-c-sharp-step-by-step-9780134850788 ,

there is a downloads link but clicking on the file name button results in File Not Found.

Just wanted to brush up on the latest C#. Without practice files this is very difficult. 

The same problem has been reported in the Q&A for this book on Amazon.

Help from the author or publisher is appreciated.

peter

Friday, January 11, 2019 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi pdesigner555,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I went to the link and click “download” tab to download the code file there. I can download and extract it fine. As I shown in below:

In my view, you could refresh the web page and re-click this button. Check the situation of network connection. Try another browser to test again.

Since our forum is mainly discussing with VS Integrate issue. Your issue seems to be related the link that attached in the store. If you still download the file successfully, I strongly recommend you to click “errata & updates” tab – go to “submit errata page”, then report this issue to Pearson supporting engineers.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Edited by May Luo-MSFT Monday, January 14, 2019 3:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Friday, January 25, 2019 7:20 AM
    Monday, January 14, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. One week after I posted the question, the download link appeared and I was able to get the files.

peter

• Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Monday, January 28, 2019 8:06 AM
    Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Hi pdesigner555,

Glad to hear you solved this issue!

Could you please mark this result as answer? After that, as a solved issue, we will help you to close it and other members could check it quickly.

If you encountered any VS integrate issue in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Wishing a great day!

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 28, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Not sure where you supposedly found the download link. I am really upset as I am stuck on following the book chapters because the download link is not visible. It forced me to sign up for Microsoft Press, and still no link. I am at a standstill. 
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 3:55 AM