How to re-run a trigger by manual? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I my case, I have pipelines in a scheduled trigger. But sometime, I want to run this trigger by manual but not the schedule. Like to pipeline, after setup everything, there is a button "Trigger Now". Is possible to do the same with a trigger?

Cheer,

Sunday, December 2, 2018 4:33 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

yes, you could manually run the pipeline by clicking "Trigger Now" on ADF UI, this link introduces the the Pipeline execution and triggers in Azure Data Factory, hope it helps you to better understand the concept in ADF.

• Edited by Wang Zhang Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jason_J (Azure) Monday, December 3, 2018 9:50 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

Assuming that you have number of pipelines linked to a schedule and you wish to execute the schedule on demand so that all the linked pipelines start to execute, however currently by design ADF does not support it and that's why you would need to open each pipeline using ADF portal UI and click on the "Trigger Now" option to start the immediate execution of it. 

While we can understand that it would be a huge effort if you have number of pipelines and hence opening pipeline and clicking on Trigger now would be a cumbersome, so as a workaround - what we can suggest is - you can modify your existing trigger and schedule it for execution in next few minutes and publish it so that all of your linked pipelines start to execute the moment schedule hits the schedule and doing this you won't have to go and click on "Trigger Now" button of each pipeline. Once you are done with your testing, you can modify your trigger again and set the schedule you wish for and publish it again. 

Hope it helps you.

Bhushan Gawale | RapidCircle

Sunday, December 2, 2018 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

Actually this is the way that I did. Thanks for your suggestion. Hopeful we will have the "Re-run trigger" button in UI. 

Have a nice day

Viet

Monday, December 10, 2018 4:43 AM
  • Hi,

I mean run a set of pipeline which are scheduled in a trigger not a single pipeline. Anyway, thanks for your response.

Have a nice day,

Viet

Monday, December 10, 2018 4:45 AM