Web App build on VS2010 haning after deployment to Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• User-334473142 posted

I have a web application that's been in production for a few years which is hosted on Windows 2003 Server SP2 (IIS 6.0). I made a simple change today, published to a local folder, and then copied the precompiled (published) contents directly to our web server.

Now, my website hangs. It doesn't get any response.

The website (application) was originally developed in VS2008. It has since been migrated to VS2010 and works fine in development, but I think this is the first time the VS2010 version has been published and deployed to the production server.

I can only surmise that there is a problem with the web app dll that is causing it to hang. The dev machine is Win7 x64, but I've specified x86 in the target assembly settings to see if that makes a difference, but no luck. It's using .net 3.5 framework, which is the same as it was using previously.

It contains some silverlight 3 controls, they haven't changed.

Any ideas on what could be causing it to hang?

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:18 AM

All replies

• User-334473142 posted

Some further information...

It only hangs on ASPX pages. HTML pages load fine, so it's not a communication issue.

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:53 AM
  • User1105509059 posted

Hi,

I am facing same issue but i did not migrate my application. But my application hang only when i leave my running page to 20-30 minute idle.

Any event take 30-40 second to resolve, If you have solved your issue then can you please share your solutuion with me?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:40 AM
  • User-801004448 posted

mundra_83

Any event take 30-40 second to resolve, If you have solved your issue then can you please share your solutuion with me?

This would mean application pool is recycled after sitting idle too long.

You can use IIS manager to configure IIS application pool time out.

Friday, September 27, 2013 1:33 AM