none
Publish Website For Visual Studio 2013

Question

• I have been using for MS Visual Studio2010 to publish website for quite long. Recently I had update to MS Visual Studio 2013 but I am facing publish problem for the website. The publish file had included my source code inside which is I don't want it to be.

Any idea to publish website exactly like MS Visual Studio 2010?

I am using publish method: File System for the MS VS 2013.

Monday, February 29, 2016 7:41 AM

Answers

• Hi brownie yeo,

Please open your web application with Visual Studio 2013 first.

Then please click the Configuration Manager to add a Release mode in your configuration. It will pop up a Configuration Manager window to let you configurations.

In the Configuration Manager window, please choose <New...> option in Active solution configuration combobox. Then it will show a New Solution Configuration window. Please create a Release mode as below image shows. Then you can choose Release mode when publishing web site.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

I had followed your steps but is still not working.

Btw, I had found the solution which is select option precompile during publishing and it works.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Huei Kar

Friday, March 4, 2016 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi brownie yeo,

>>The publish file had included my source code inside which is I don't want it to be.

Do you mean when publishing website with Visual Studio 2013, the Page.cs file will be generated in publish folder?

I create a website and publish with Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Update 5, I don't get the source code files in publish folder. Following steps are my operations, please compare them with yours, whether there has any difference.

1. Right-click website project and choose "Publish" option.
    2. In Profile tab, please create a custom profile or import an exist profile. Click Next button.
    3. In Connection tab, choose File System as publish method and assign a path of website. Then click Next button go to Settings tab.
    4. In Settings tab, choose Release in Configuration combobox and click Next.
    5. In Preview tab, click the Publish button and then the website will be published to the assigned path without source code.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei 

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:41 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

For the step4, I can't find the option to choose Release under combobox.

Best Regards,

Brownie Yeo

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:21 AM
  • Hi brownie yeo,

Please open your web application with Visual Studio 2013 first.

Then please click the Configuration Manager to add a Release mode in your configuration. It will pop up a Configuration Manager window to let you configurations.

In the Configuration Manager window, please choose <New...> option in Active solution configuration combobox. Then it will show a New Solution Configuration window. Please create a Release mode as below image shows. Then you can choose Release mode when publishing web site.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

I had followed your steps but is still not working.

Btw, I had found the solution which is select option precompile during publishing and it works.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Huei Kar

Friday, March 4, 2016 8:15 AM
  • Hi brownie yeo,

Thanks for your response. And I'm glad that you have found the solution. Please mark your reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE in future, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 4, 2016 8:37 AM