none
wcf oracle DB adapter error

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to send a message to Oracle DB, from BizTalk using WCF Oracle. I am getting the below error. Can u please let me know what is the problem.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "WcfSendPort_OracleDBBinding_HS_Package_V2_C_Custom" with URL "oracledb://abc.net:1521/HCSPEND_DEV/Dedicated". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException     at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleError(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, Object src)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleCommon.OracleCommonConnectionWrapper..ctor(String connectionString, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBConnection.Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.IConnection.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBConnection.Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.IConnection.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnectionHandler[TConnectionHandler](Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout, MetadataLookup metadataLookup, String& connectionId)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterRequestChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open()

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.GetChannel[TChannel](IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage, ChannelFactory`1& cachedFactory)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.SendMessage(IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage)".

Monday, August 1, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Prasad,

I suggest you first ask the DBA to tell you which Oracle Client version works with the DB, then try to connect with it directly and then try it with BizTalk.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, August 1, 2011 7:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to send a message to Oracle DB, from BizTalk using WCF Oracle. I am getting the below error. Can u please let me know what is the problem.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "WcfSendPort_OracleDBBinding_HS_Package_V2_C_Custom" with URL "oracledb://abc.net:1521/HCSPEND_DEV/Dedicated". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException     at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleError(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, Object src)

at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleCommon.OracleCommonConnectionWrapper..ctor(String connectionString, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.ConnectionPool.GetConnectionHandler[TConnectionHandler](Guid clientId, TimeSpan timeout, MetadataLookup metadataLookup, String& connectionId)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterRequestChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open()

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.GetChannel[TChannel](IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage, ChannelFactory`1& cachedFactory)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.SendMessage(IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage)".

Monday, August 1, 2011 4:20 PM
  • Hi,

You have a problem with your oracle client installation, either tns name is not in order or some other configuration is wrong. Have you viewed in event log? What other errors are correlated with this one? Which BizTalk version, adapter pack are you using?

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Hi Steef,

Thanks for your reply. I am using biztalk 2006 R2 + Adapter pack 3.5.5280.0 version. Event log just gives only that error.  I am not sure what i need to do to correct client installation. Can u please let me know How do i set the TNS name in order.

Thanks,

-Prasad

-Prasad
    Monday, August 1, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Hi Prasad,

I suggest you first ask the DBA to tell you which Oracle Client version works with the DB, then try to connect with it directly and then try it with BizTalk.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    Monday, August 1, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Hi Steef,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have removed all the existing versions of the oracle client and installed the oracle 11i client and it worked for me.

Thanks,

-Prasad

-Prasad
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:27 PM