Is there a way to know an in-app-purchase feature is on special sale?

Question

• Hi,

My app has some in-app-purchase features. I want to show something special when these features are on sales(eg: show a message or display a huge "On Sale" bar on the item),  what is the best way to do it? 

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks you very much.

cheers

Alex

woodhead is as woodhead does

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:42 PM

Answers

• There is no inherent concept of a sale price. You would need to update your app to be aware of the new price.

Likewise, there is no way to tell if the user has rated the app. Be careful about showing a message encouraging ratings. I know that it would be very easy to irritate me with such a message, causing me to give a much poorer rating than I'd give otherwise.

Please post one question per thread, not multiple questions in a thread.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Alex ZS Friday, October 5, 2012 1:08 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 12:32 AM
    Owner
  • The rate and review link is automatically added to the Settings Pane when the app is installed from the store. You don't need to (and shouldn't) provide a separate link.

--Rob

Friday, October 5, 2012 12:34 AM
    Owner

All replies

• And another question is:

Can I know whether current user has rated my App?   I want to occasionally show a message to encourage user rate our app.

cheers

Alex

Thursday, October 4, 2012 11:26 PM
  • Yet another question :-)

I can get the url to my app in store by "Windows.ApplicationModel.Store.CurrentApp.linkUri", but I can only navigate user to this page by browser. That means user need to click "View in Windows Store" to rate my app.

Is there a way to navigate user to the page on Windows Store directly?

Thanks

Alex

Friday, October 5, 2012 12:17 AM
  • There is no inherent concept of a sale price. You would need to update your app to be aware of the new price.

Likewise, there is no way to tell if the user has rated the app. Be careful about showing a message encouraging ratings. I know that it would be very easy to irritate me with such a message, causing me to give a much poorer rating than I'd give otherwise.

Please post one question per thread, not multiple questions in a thread.

--Rob

Friday, October 5, 2012 12:32 AM
    Owner
  • The rate and review link is automatically added to the Settings Pane when the app is installed from the store. You don't need to (and shouldn't) provide a separate link.

--Rob

Friday, October 5, 2012 12:34 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer. I'll show that message for just once.

Here is a link about how to link back to store, may be helpful to other guys who are facing the same problem as me.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2012/02/22/linking-to-your-apps-on-the-web.aspx

Friday, October 5, 2012 1:13 AM
  • The easiest way to make a sale without the ridiculous requirement of re-submitting your application is to submit your application with the normal and all expected sale prices, then to use the network and talk to a home server before determining which of the in-app offers to show to the customer.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 7:09 AM