none
SmartArt Sample Data RRS feed

• Question

• I create a custom glox file, and try to initiate with my data. For example, by default, the text field is "[Text]".

Now I want to change it to my text (e.g., "[TextAAAA]"). I tried to modify the sample data, but not succeeded.

<pt modelId="{23E8D075-E1EC-4B84-ACE8-DB951ADF12DE}">

<prSet phldrT="[TextAAAAAA]"/>

<spPr/>          

</pt>

You can download my glox file from here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o6zn02xeasoqj14/AACVbJyTr1Q1BPWmSfDTLGH4a?dl=0

, and could you please tell me where I am wrong? 

Another thing is is it possible to fill the text shape with a specific text? For example, when inserting my smartart template, I want a text shape contains a text "Hello World".

Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi chipbk11, according to the documentation all you should need is to have the phldr="1" attribute in the prSet element in order to have PowerPoint render the text specified by the phldrT attribute. I modified one of the built-in SmartArt files "Picture Frame" and was able to do it easily just by adding the phldrT attribute to the prSet elements under the sampData section. The result looks like the XML below and renders the text specified as expected. I tried unsuccessfully to modify your GLOX file and get similar results, so there might be some other problems with the file.

<sampData>

<dataModel>

<ptLst>

<pt modelId="0" type="doc" />

<pt modelId="10" type="node">

<prSet phldr="1" phldrT="[MyText1]"/>

</pt>

<pt modelId="20" type="node">

<prSet phldr="1" phldrT="[MyText2]"/>

</pt>

<pt modelId="30" type="node">

<prSet phldr="1" phldrT="[MyText3]"/>

</pt>

</ptLst>

<cxnLst>

<cxn modelId="60" type="parOf" srcId="0" destId="10" srcOrd="0" destOrd="0" presId="" />

<cxn modelId="70" type="parOf" srcId="0" destId="20" srcOrd="1" destOrd="0" presId="" />

<cxn modelId="80" type="parOf" srcId="0" destId="30" srcOrd="2" destOrd="0" presId="" />

</cxnLst>

</dataModel>

</sampData>

While the Open Specifications forum supports the DrawingML documentation contained in the ISO/IEC 29500 specification, the GLOX package format and creating custom SmartArt files for Office is not. I would suggest requesting additional help on the General Office Development forum.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hello chipbk11,

Thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Best regards,
    Matt Weber | Microsoft Open Specifications Team

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:17 PM
  • Hi chipbk11, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Friday, October 3, 2014 8:33 PM
  • Hi chipbk11, according to the documentation all you should need is to have the phldr="1" attribute in the prSet element in order to have PowerPoint render the text specified by the phldrT attribute. I modified one of the built-in SmartArt files "Picture Frame" and was able to do it easily just by adding the phldrT attribute to the prSet elements under the sampData section. The result looks like the XML below and renders the text specified as expected. I tried unsuccessfully to modify your GLOX file and get similar results, so there might be some other problems with the file.

<sampData>

<dataModel>

<ptLst>

<pt modelId="0" type="doc" />

<pt modelId="10" type="node">

<prSet phldr="1" phldrT="[MyText1]"/>

</pt>

<pt modelId="20" type="node">

<prSet phldr="1" phldrT="[MyText2]"/>

</pt>

<pt modelId="30" type="node">

<prSet phldr="1" phldrT="[MyText3]"/>

</pt>

</ptLst>

<cxnLst>

<cxn modelId="60" type="parOf" srcId="0" destId="10" srcOrd="0" destOrd="0" presId="" />

<cxn modelId="70" type="parOf" srcId="0" destId="20" srcOrd="1" destOrd="0" presId="" />

<cxn modelId="80" type="parOf" srcId="0" destId="30" srcOrd="2" destOrd="0" presId="" />

</cxnLst>

</dataModel>

</sampData>

While the Open Specifications forum supports the DrawingML documentation contained in the ISO/IEC 29500 specification, the GLOX package format and creating custom SmartArt files for Office is not. I would suggest requesting additional help on the General Office Development forum.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:59 PM