Workflow to send reminder automatic RRS feed

• Question

• HI All

We have a very larg with emplyer information on SharePoint - we also have about 6 workflows when a user is created or modification has beed made.

The next thing is we need to send a reminder to the person who has created the user if any documantion is missing.

Ex.

We create a employé with documentation about: Drivelicens, TaxPaperes on so on - but many times the person does not have those information so the list is not full completed - we need to send a email reminder 1 a week if driverlicens is missing.

I can make som if and else but i need the workflow to scan all items once a week and check the fileds we define and also the workflow need to start automaticlly like a job every week.

I hope som can help me out her.

Thanks

Monday, May 21, 2018 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can do this using sharepoint designer workflow but there are a few considerations...

You need a Workflow Manager farm/installed on SharePoint server so you can create a SP2013 site workflow that does looping, which can include a Pause for 1 week step.

You would need to use the Call a HTTP Web Service action to fetch items from the list in batches.

If your list will grow to >5000 items (list view threshold value) then you will need to ensure that the workflow runs during the window where the threshold is ignored (also set in central admin | web application settings | throttling).

When you're looping through list items i'd recommend calling a separate SP2010 workflow for doing the actual field checking and sending reminders, i) because it will keep the code cleaner (it's going to be a long workflow), and ii) any errors in the child-workflow will not affect the parent workflow.

Regards
    Martin

• Proposed as answer by mmc071dotnet Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:02 AM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:01 AM
  • Hi BR1984,

From your description, my understanding is that you want scan all items once a week to send a reminder to the person who has created the user if any documantion is missing.

To loop through all item in the list, refer to the following article about looping Through List Items in SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflows:

https://weblogs.asp.net/ricardoperes/looping-through-list-items-in-sharepoint-2013 

To scan all items once a week:

1. Use Loop action where 0 == 0 (for example).
    2. On this action add Wait action for one week. 

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:20 AM
  • Hi BR1984,

Is there anything update? 

Please remember to mark the post as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:07 AM