How to solve MakePRI warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'MicrosoftAdvertising/ExceptionMessages/AppPlatformVersionInvalid'.

Question

• I have installed the latest Advertising SDK, and added it to the references of my project, but there are some warings:

MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'MicrosoftAdvertising/ExceptionMessages/AdComponentAlreadyInitialized'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.
    MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'MicrosoftAdvertising/ExceptionMessages/AppPlatformVersionInvalid'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.
    MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'MicrosoftAdvertising/ExceptionMessages/RichMediaContentNotFound'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

How to solve this?

Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:55 AM

Answers

• This appears to be a bug in the Advertising SDK.  If you dump the PRI file from the Advertising SDK you'll see that those three error messages are not defined for English (en-US), so the warnings are correct and accurate.

Until this bug is fixed, you might be able to work around this bug by including en-US values for those three resources in your code (create "en-US\MicrosoftAdvertising.resjson" in your project and define values for "ExceptionMessages/AdComponentAlreadyInitialized" and the other two missing resources).

• Marked as answer by Jyosisi Friday, August 10, 2012 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:15 PM

All replies

• What are the default and supported languages for your project? 

Friday, August 3, 2012 10:26 PM
  • The default languages is English(Unitied States) in control panel, and  <Resource Language="x-generate" /> is set in Package.appxmanifest
    Monday, August 6, 2012 10:51 AM
  • This appears to be a bug in the Advertising SDK.  If you dump the PRI file from the Advertising SDK you'll see that those three error messages are not defined for English (en-US), so the warnings are correct and accurate.

Until this bug is fixed, you might be able to work around this bug by including en-US values for those three resources in your code (create "en-US\MicrosoftAdvertising.resjson" in your project and define values for "ExceptionMessages/AdComponentAlreadyInitialized" and the other two missing resources).

• Marked as answer by Jyosisi Friday, August 10, 2012 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:15 PM
  • Thanks for your help!

My project is Xaml/c++, so I create "en-US\MicrosoftAdvertising.resw" instead, and it works.

Friday, August 10, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Hi Erik, can you provide more specific instructions on the workaround? I'm still a newbie and not sure how to do the following. I.e.

"create "en-US\MicrosoftAdvertising.resjson" in your project and define values for "ExceptionMessages/AdComponentAlreadyInitialized" and the other two missing resources"

I have an HTML5/JavaScript project.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:24 AM