none
Default Resources in Project Server Reporting Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While I was looking at the Resource Entity in Reporting Database, I see three default users that are created

1. Unassigned Resource,
    2. Unknown Resource, and
    3. Generic Local Resource

The above are created as "Resource Name" and a unique resource id is created.

Can some explain the usage of these three default users/resources in project server database?

Thanks

Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:50 AM

All replies

• Unassigned Resource = tasks that are not assigned to anyone

Generic Local Resource = all tasks that, in a project plan, are assigned to any local, non-enterprise resource.

Haven't encountered "Unknown" resource yet.

Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:50 PM
  •  

Hi,

ya thats the definition, but i need to why these user are created in reporting database and are not in either of the draft and published databases.

I did found some desc. on search following are some excerpt of the same:

Unassigned Resource:
    “we have the traditional hierarchy of Project – Task – Assignment and the relationship between Assignment and Resource.  For every project, there is a Task record which is the Project Summary Task.  When a task is created, an assignment record is also created, even if a resource has not yet been assigned the work.  This assignment record uses a special resource called Unassigned Resource until such time as an actual resource is assigned.  Therefore, your queries should take into account these cases when aggregating data.”

Generic Local user:

Deleting a resource can cause all of a resource's active assignments to be updated. The assignments of a deleted resource are mapped to the resource that represents Generic Local Resource.

For Unknown Resource, I am unable to find anything?????

Any help on above wud be appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, April 1, 2011 4:20 AM