SharePoint 2007 browsing with IE8 and FireFox 3.6 or latest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a MOSS 2007 application, the application has a menu ( MOSS 2007 Menu ), the menu has items and some of items have sub menu for them.

when open the application on IE7 or FireFox 3.0.X , app. works fine, but when I open it using IE8 or FireFox 3.6.X - 4.0.X all first level items of the menu appeared correctly, but when mouse be over an item has sub menu, menu show only first item just ( this scenario happen if there are another sub menu for this sub level ).

Note: I solved the issue for IE8 by using:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7">

but it still for FireFox 3.6.x - 4.0.x.

Thanks.

Friday, April 22, 2011 11:37 AM

Answers

• The navigation menu is a bit problematic in MOSS 2007 as the navigation control renders tables, rather than UL/LI tags. UL Li tags give you much more control over the rendering of styles.

You need to use CSS Adapaters for creating menu driven navigation. I was able to use CSS adapters to render in all IE version/ firefox / Chrome. 

V

V
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, April 29, 2011 1:47 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2011 12:48 PM
  • I would recommend you double check your code against the default master page if you are using out of the box menu - I haven't had that issue and the only workaround I have had to enforce is the <meta...> for 2007.

Double check the menus work with the default pages applied. If that is the case then it could be a missng close bracket or something simple you are missing or havent closed.

Heather Waterman SharePoint Desginer www.heatherwaterman.com
    Monday, April 25, 2011 5:58 PM

All replies

• The navigation menu is a bit problematic in MOSS 2007 as the navigation control renders tables, rather than UL/LI tags. UL Li tags give you much more control over the rendering of styles.

You need to use CSS Adapaters for creating menu driven navigation. I was able to use CSS adapters to render in all IE version/ firefox / Chrome. 

V

V
    Friday, April 22, 2011 12:48 PM
  • I would recommend you double check your code against the default master page if you are using out of the box menu - I haven't had that issue and the only workaround I have had to enforce is the <meta...> for 2007.

Double check the menus work with the default pages applied. If that is the case then it could be a missng close bracket or something simple you are missing or havent closed.

Heather Waterman SharePoint Desginer www.heatherwaterman.com
    Monday, April 25, 2011 5:58 PM