Basic help on getting started needed RRS feed

• Question

• OK, so I am trying to get to grips with using Windows Workflow foundation with a web application as the host.

I have some questions on how a solution should be architect-ed and implemented:

• Is the 3-tier design still the right way to go ( UI, BusinessLogicLayer, DataAccessLayer)?
    • What should be going where in each layer ? Workflows & business objects in the BLL ? Where should your local services go ?
    • What is the recommended way of getting data/ updating stored data ? Using classes ? Using web services ? 
    • What would necessitate/ give a reason for publishing workflows as web services?
    • What about wrapper classes ? A must have ? A completely stand-alone project?
    • Is unit testing difficult to achieve ? How can you make it as easy as possible to unit test?
    • Say you are starting a new web application from scratch that will use workflows, what projects will you immediately add ( and why) to break down the solution into separate parts?

I know this a lot of questions and probably very basic ones too and I would appreciate any input at all (including scorn for my ignorance !)

If you know of any articles/videos/podcasts relevant to using workflows with web applications as the host and architecting solutions it would be great.

Thanks.

• Edited by oune1 Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:43 PM
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:37 PM

Answers