none
Flatten a Master Project RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have code on how to flatten a master project? Are there any "gotchas" I should look out for if I were to attempt to write this code on my own in VBA?
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:05 PM

All replies

• JJ Rodrigo,

What exactly do you mean by "flatten a master project"?

If you mean you want to convert a dynamic master to a static master then that is a straightforward process of setting the LinkToSource property to false for each subproject in the master, IF there are no inter-project links between tasks in the subprojects (i.e. task 1 in subproject A is linked to task 5 in subproject B).

If there are inter-project links between tasks in the subprojects, then that's a different ballgame and simply un-linking the subprojects will not preserve the external links. You need to go through a process for storing those external links, unlinking the subprojects and then re-storing the links.

Some things to consider in converting a dynamic to static master are differences in subproject calendars and tasks without predecessors.

I have a macro that converts a dynamic master to a static master either with or without links between tasks in the subprojects, but it is not freeware. If you are interested, you can contact me at the address below.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies and the 7th character is a letter)

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:24 PM