none
AzureStorage is not a valid connection manager type

Question

• Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to use the Azure Tasks on my SSIS project. Locally everything works fine, but once I deploy to the production server, I get this error:

<name of my ssis package>:Error: The connection type "AzureStorage" specified for connection manager "<Azure Connection Manager Name>" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name

I have installed the SSIS Azure Feature Pack on both my dev machine and the production server, but seems like something is missing. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi wosscr,

Please follow https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/913817/you-receive-an-error-message-when-you-use-business-intelligence-develo to apply the KB mentioned there and report back the results.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:04 PM
  • Hi Arthur, 

Thanks for your suggestion, I compiled the C# as suggested in the article and ran it using a non-admin user (I also did a test with an admin user). It returns all the keys found ("Found 4875 keys") but there are no reports with permissions issues.

https://www.evernote.com/l/ACcs7Yu1UdNKFZVPAo13xFYd507an2vhxrY
    • Edited by wosscr Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:49 PM Adding link to screenshot
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi wosscr,

Does that mean the error is gone?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:59 AM
  • Hi Arthur, 

Unfortunately no, when I ran the c# code recommended in the article you shared there weren't any registry entries with permissions issues. What you saw in the screenshot I shared is all that the code did.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:34 PM
  • Hi wosscr,

Please make sure the version of SSIS Azure Feature Pack , the Target Server Version property in SSDT and the version of SSIS installed on target server are consistent. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:35 AM
  • Hi Yang.Z,

Thanks for your suggestion, I did some testing changing the versions and when the versions don't match I get a different error stating that the task couldn't be created with the XML provided. 

So I uninstalled the components and this is what I'm using:

DEVELOPMENT

- Visual Studio 2017 Version 11.9.11
    - SQL Server Data Tools Version 15.9.28307.586
    - SQL Server 2017 Integration Services Feature Pack for Azure (x86) Version 14.1.8.0
    - The project is set with Target Server Version: SQL Server 2017

DEPLOYMENT

- SQL Server 2017 Integration Services Feature Pack for Azure (x86) Version 14.1.8.0
    - SQL Server Data Tools Version 15.9.28307.586
    - Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP1) Version 13.0.4001.0 (x64) 

I also tried setting the project at Target Server Version: SQL Server 2016 and Installed the SQL Server 2016 Integration Services Feature Pack for Azure (x86) Version 13.1.9.0 on both development and deployment but still get the same error.

Any other idea about what to check?

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:45 PM
  • Hi wosscr, 

I also tried setting the project at Target Server Version: SQL Server 2016 and Installed the SQL Server 2016 Integration Services Feature Pack for Azure (x86) Version 13.1.9.0 on both development and deployment but still get the same error.

Which error did you mean by "the same error"? 

Could you please test this settings again with a new SSIS 2016 project? And where did you see the error? In SSDT or in Execution Report on Deployment machine?

Since the deployment environment is SQL Server 2016, the target server version in SSDT should also be 2016 , and only Azure Feature Pack 2016 is required on your Deployment and Dev machine. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 27, 2019 5:24 AM