none
Item id for calendar entry in compose/read mode RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the thing: I am developing office 365 outlook add-in and just came across with weird thing. If I create calendar entry so I am Oraganizer ->save->close->open again->I cannot read item id. If some of the attednees open calendar entry he can get item id. I understand for compose mode item id is not provided, but when I save meeting-> so it is created and stored and open again it should be possible to see item id. Another related thing is that stored meeting still opens in compose mode for organizer->I know I am able to change meeting properties but still it is just update so I should be able to get item id right? Am I doing something wrong or it is proper behavior?
    • Moved by Nan_Yu Monday, August 8, 2016 7:13 AM
    Saturday, August 6, 2016 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi DarkPetan,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Office 365 for Developers. I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for office 2013 app develop :

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=appsforoffice  

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Nan Yu

• Edited by Nan_Yu Monday, August 8, 2016 7:12 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 7:12 AM
  • Hi DarkPetan,

We are doing the research about your problem. There might be some delay about the response. Appreciate your patience.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:20 AM
  • Thank you!
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:24 AM
  • >>>If I create calendar entry so I am Oraganizer ->save->close->open again->I cannot read item id. If some of the attednees open calendar entry he can get item id.

According to your description, what is calendar entry? Office.context.mailbox.item is used to access the currently selected message, meeting request, or appointment. The itemId property returns null in compose mode for items that have not been saved to the server. If an item identifier is required, the saveAsync method can be used to save the item to the server, which will return the item identifier in the AsyncResult.value parameter in the callback function.
    var itemId = Office.context.mailbox.item.itemId;
    if (itemId === null || itemId == undefined) {
      Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync(function(result){
        itemId = result.value;
      });
    }
    For more information, click here to refer about Office.context.mailbox.item

Could you provide more information about your issue, for example sample code, screenshot etc., that will help us reproduce and resolve it.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:20 AM