none
Bird's Eye View UI Options RRS feed

• Question

• Regarding the Bird's Eye map mode, are there any options for it which would allow me to hide components of the UI? For instance, Street Side mode has a StreetsideOptions object which allows the hiding of the various UI components. I am wondering if such an object exists for Bird's Eye since I have been unable to find any documentation on it or any mention of it at all through online searching. Additionally, if it isn't supported/implemented currently, are there plans to do so in the near future?
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi SFREP,

What components would you like to hide?  You are referring to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/v8-web-control/map-control-api/streetsideoptions-object and there indeed is not a similar item for Birdseye but potentially the thing you want has a different trigger in that mode of the Web control.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:40 PM
    Owner
  • IoTGirl,

We'd like to be able to hide the Heading/Rotate button as well as the "Address" overlay which also includes an exit button. The two overlays interfere with custom functionality we have implemented. Any help or suggestions is/are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    SFREP

Monday, September 23, 2019 4:57 PM
  • Hi SFREP,

For things that apply to all map types, take a look at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/v8-web-control/map-control-api/mapoptions-object

Look at options like "ShowBreadcrumb" and "ShowDashboard" as I suspect these are the two you want to set to "false" but there may be more in here that might interest you as well.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:54 PM
    Owner
  • IotGirl,

Thank you so much for the suggestions and your time! We actually do utilize a number of these options already (including the ShowDashboard) option.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if any changes are made to the API in the future which will allow us to hide the UI components.

Sincerely,
    Chad

Monday, September 23, 2019 6:32 PM
  • Hi Chad,

You wish to be able to suppress the direction / rotate UI specifically.  I will reach out to the V8 Control team with that request on your behalf.

Sincerely, 

IoTGirl

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:00 PM
    Owner
  • IoTGirl,

First, thank you for doing this on our behalf! Second, to be clear, we'd also like to be able to suppress the UI component at the top which has the address, an exit button, and the "Show Labels" option as well.

Thank you for your time and efforts on this!

Sincerely,
    Chad

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:51 PM
  • Hi Chad,

I have asked the team to include a link to this post in their work item.  Hopefully they will reach out here if they have any further questions.

Please note that they work on an AGILE schedule so I can't provide any timeline for your request to be reviewed.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:19 PM
    Owner
  • IoTGirl,

Thank you so much for your time and efforts on our behalf! I will continue to check back here periodically for updates (and I understand this will be a long term thing).

Sincerely,
    Chad

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 4:28 PM
  • Excellent!  Thanks Chad!
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:24 PM
    Owner