none
Certificate error after installing Windows 10

Question

• I updated to Windows 10.

When I load one of my projects in VS2008 - (I haven't worked on that project since I updated til Windows 10) I get this warning when I try run/compile/debug:

Warning    1    Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store.    TogStyring

How can I get rid of that ?

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Ksor2,

According to the message, You need to re-add that certificate to your machine or chose another certificate. Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1). To choose another certificate or to recreate one, head over to the Project's properties page, click on Signing tab, please refer to the following screenshot:

Check the Sign the ClickOnce manifests and click one of Select from Store, Select from File or Create Test Certificate to re-add the certificate.

2). We could remove some nodes in *.csproj. To remove all the following nodes in your *.csproj :

<manifestcertificatethumbprint>...</manifestcertificatethumbprint>

<manifestkeyfile>...</manifestkeyfile>

<generatemanifests>...</generatemanifests>

<signmanifests>...</signmanifests>

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 08, 2016 7:18 AM