Project Server 2010 Migration to Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Migrated a Project Server 2010 Farm to Project Server 2013, following the Microsoft tests and upgrade documentation on the internet.

I got everything right, including the provision of pwa to port 82.

Now when I go to my PWA address e.g. http://mysharepointserver:82/pwa I just get a blank page.

No errors nothing to follow up.Did someone get this as well?

Thx!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

When you say blank page, is this a SharePoint blank page or a blank PWA page etc. Never seen this by the way.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:46 PM
  • try using PWA admin account.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:57 PM
  • Its the PWA page.

The source is:

html><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="Robots" content="NOINDEX " /></head><body></body>
                    <script type="text/javascript">
                     var gearPage = document.getElementById('GearPage');
                     if(null != gearPage)
                     {
                         gearPage.parentNode.removeChild(gearPage);
                         document.title = "Error";
                     }
                     </script>
                     </html>

Friday, May 10, 2013 11:42 AM
  • Hi Thx for the reply!

I'm using the admin account.

Friday, May 10, 2013 11:42 AM
  • Did you try accessing any other page like /pwa/Projects.aspx or pwa/Resources.aspx

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Yes I have tried to access different pages including the project sites, and I get the same result. It's like the PWA page and everything beneath does not work.

I have tested pages that is running on the same web application but not beneath PWA and that did work as expected, so it seams, its something with the migrated Project Server environment.

I can add that I did migrate the environment completely and provisioned without problems.

It is just that the pages comes back without any content, I tested this for IE , Firefox, and Google Chrome, they all gets back the blank page.

I can note that the environment is not currently running on the same domain active directory, which means that only the admin account should be working at the moment.
    Monday, May 13, 2013 7:03 AM
  • Using fiddler too might help

http://fiddler2.com/get-fiddler

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, May 13, 2013 11:55 PM
  • Hi hennas,

did you find a solution to this problem??

I'm facing exactl the same scenario:

I followed "Migrating PS 2010 to PS 2013 Walkthrough steps: “http://epmsource.com/2013/05/02/migrating-ps-2010-to-ps-2013-walkthrough/#comment-2416" to migrate from 2010 to 2013 and the migration seemed successful, but after I finished all the steps I opened the Project Web app and I received a blank white page (This is when I sign in with an authenticated user (SP.Farm), when I sign in with user that doesn't have permissions I get "Access required" page), I tried accessing other pages through the URL and I also got blank pages.

Both "Project Server 2010" Farm and the "Project Server 2013" Farm in my environment consists of 1 Web Server and 1 Database Server. Both farms are in the same domain. and I'm using the same accounts for the migration(SP.Admin for setup, SP.Farm for Farm account).

Both accounts are Farm administrators and Site collection administrators. In addition, if I create a new Project Web App site, it is created correctly with no problems.

I then opened the site using the SharePoint Designer 2013 (Signed as SP.Admin), it seemed to contain all sites and content of the migrated site. I then noticed that the "Master pages" link is missing. Therefore, I signed in with SP.Farm and now I can see the Master Pages link. Still the pages are blank.

I think it has something to do with permissions but I am not sure what and where :)

I'll appreciate any insight you can provide.

Thanks

Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

I'm still sitting with that exact problem, once I have an answer, will post it here.

I agree that its a security issue, most probably with the ad or adfs

Regards

Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:38 AM
  • Activated Site collection features in my Project Server 2010 Environment gave me the "blank page"

Before I migrated the Sharepoint database, I turned the problem features off in "Site Collection Features", then Migrated and it worked.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Finally problem solved after opening a Microsoft Ticket.

I had a solution installed called "eptassociationtool" which was causing the problem.

The solution is :

Error: [SPException: Cannot make a cache safe URL for "inc/eptassociationtool/eptassociationpagelink.js", file not found. Please verify that the file exists under the layouts directory.]

I then look for that file, “eptassociationpagelink.js”, and found out it only existed in this path:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\INC\EPTAssociationTool"

I then went to this path: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\INC”, created the folder called “EPTAssociationtool”, and then copied the “eptassociationpagelink.js” file there. After doing this, I can now access and navigate properly through the PWA.

I hope this helps.

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hi Hennas --

As you have found out the hard way, upgrading from one version of Project Server to another (2010 to 2013, in your case) is not a simple process... regardless of what the documentation states. I have been working with Project Server since its first version, and rarely do upgrades run smoothly.

I typically recommend NOT doing a direct upgrade from one version to another. Instead, install a new 2013 farm alongside the existing 2010 farm, configure the new 2013 application, and copy any necessary data from the old system into the new system. This allows you to do the following:

• Get a new, fully-functional installation of Project Server 2013 as a baseline.
    • Review your current configuration and take the opportunity to make changes based on changed business requirements or new features.
    • Redevelop and redeploy any custom reports or other customizations in a controlled manner.
    • Move only the data that you need and archive the rest.

If you would like more information or assistance with this, please contact me.

Good luck!

-- tz

Tony Zink Vice President, EPMA Company: http://www.epmainc.com Blog: http://www.epmablog.com Training: http://www.epmainstitute.com

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:24 PM