Wich on is better for Gaming? Win7 OR Win8 !?

All replies

• On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 18:06:46 +0000, W00K13 wrote:

I just Wonder wich OS is the best to be playing games on, Windows 7 or Windows Developer Preview

Windows 7. Windows 8 is not even in beta yet and is not intended to be used
    currently as a gaming platform. There's a reason that it is called
    Developer Preview.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    One if by LAN, two if by C.  -- Paul Revere, as told by John Karwoski

Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:13 PM
  • I have Win8DP on my GamingPC, works like a charm. No trouble with it whatsoever, though you might not be as Lucky :)

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 10:29 PM
  • You DO realize that the Windows 8 Developer Preview is going to expire (i.e., after some predefined time it will no longer run), right?

I think it's amazing that people would consider installing a pre-beta version of an operating system on their computer for anything other than testing.

-Noel

Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:28 PM
  • Noel Carboni is right. Windows Developer Preview will expire in March 2012. I wouldn't use it for anything more than testing the platform at this point, and I wouldn't install it on my primary PC. I have no idea what it is like for gaming, but given the awkward nature of the design at the moment, I wouldn't use it for running any desktop apps in full-screen.
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:08 AM
  • i DO realize windows 8 dp is going to expire. i am a gamer and have other high resource uses for my computer. i also have a server backplane in my computer so i don't dual boot. i am using a separate drive with win 8 dp on it for TESTING performance of games and other programs. i think it's amazing that people would not consider that competent enthusiast users would install a pre-beta version of an operating system on a high performance computer for testing. for the record my futuremark 3dmark 11 scores were in some cases better with win 8 dp than they are with win 7. the audience in these forums has a great amount of diversity among users. not all are software or systems engineers. for you to post what you did in a thread with this title makes me wonder why you would even show an interest in a thread with a gaming heading, if only to criticize a user or users. i am not a developer but have other reasons, important to me, for testing win8 dp. thanks for your useful comment... 
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:23 AM
  • I sense a certain difference in competence between you, GTODave, and the original poster.  For you, going in with your eyes open, it might be appropriate.  For others, who may not realize what they're getting into, it may not be appropriate.

Were you not around when a bunch of short-sighted or ignorant folks cried over all the data and functionality they lost when the Windows 7 public beta expired?  Not everyone thinks stuff through ahead of time like you do.

-Noel

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:21 AM
  • For now since Windows 8 is pre-Beta , there are many things under test and improvement and all games might NOT be compatible with Windows 8 Developer Preview at this moment. But as Windows 8 is being develop, new feature will added and you will see a lot of improvement in Windows 8. For now, Windows 7 is better . But once Windows 8 been released, then that is different story and Windows 8 would be the best. Since by that time new games been develop and there are new type of Graphic Cards and CPU in the market that will run on Windows 8 . You will see several games that run in touch screen too.

So Windows 8 would be something amazing for gaming , but you have to wait until final release. You could try run games in both Windows 8 and Windows 7 and compare them if you want to.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:14 AM