none
Uninstall Windows Server 2008 RRS feed

Answers

•  

Hello,

Without knowing what your system setup is, there are a few options.

1. Format the hard drive.

2. Reinstall a new operating system. When booting from media, you are presented with option to format drive before installing.

3. If this is a separate partition, and you are dual booting, you may need to fix your boot options after formatting your WS2008 partition. Boot to your older operating system disk, and select the fix boot option for your existing OS partition.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 3:57 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Without knowing what your system setup is, there are a few options.

1. Format the hard drive.

2. Reinstall a new operating system. When booting from media, you are presented with option to format drive before installing.

3. If this is a separate partition, and you are dual booting, you may need to fix your boot options after formatting your WS2008 partition. Boot to your older operating system disk, and select the fix boot option for your existing OS partition.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 3:57 AM
  • I am having the same problem as the person above. I can't take windows server 2008 off of my notebook. I don't have an install disk for another operating system. My windows xp was preinstalled on my notebook. So what can I do to remove windows server 2008 and restore windows xp back to my notebook?
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:24 AM
  •  ricky1111 wrote:
    I am having the same problem as the person above. I can't take windows server 2008 off of my notebook. I don't have an install disk for another operating system. My windows xp was preinstalled on my notebook. So what can I do to remove windows server 2008 and restore windows xp back to my notebook?

ricky1111 wrote:
    I am having the same problem as the person above. I can't take windows server 2008 off of my notebook. I don't have an install disk for another operating system. My windows xp was preinstalled on my notebook. So what can I do to remove windows server 2008 and restore windows xp back to my notebook?

i had same prob and now i solved it..

i assume your windows xp is installed in c drive.. and windows server  2008 in d or any other drive then c:

follow these steps

1 move away for important files from d drive or any other drive

2 format d drive or the drive where you install windows server 2008 from windows xp

3 install EasyBCD from http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

edit boot file, remove the windows server 2008 entry

4 reboot your computer

that's it

Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:01 AM
    1. Boot your computer in to Windows XP.

2. Ensure you have the Windows Server 2008 DVD in the DVD drive.

3. Go to “Start” and “Run”. Type in “d:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force” (without quotes, plus replace d: with the drive letter of your Vista DVD).

4. Restart the computer, and you will notice the boot selection menu is gone.

5. Format the partition/drive where you had Vista installed.

6. Remove two files (Boot.BAK & Bootsect.BAK) on your XP  root folder (CSmile..

Saludos

• Proposed as answer by Dranoel_1 Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:46 PM
    Sunday, June 15, 2008 9:24 PM
  • Yea I have the same problem on my Notebook. I am using Duel-Booting from my notebook. On my 1st partition there is a copy of Windows Vista Business (Default OS). On my 2nd partition there is a Windows Server 2008. How do I remove Windows Server 2008 without it messing up and still making the duel-boot menu come up.
    Monday, April 6, 2009 7:43 PM
  • Thanks by the answer.  works for me.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:41 PM

• DR. Latino
    This procedure also works with  windows server 2003? 
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:54 PM
  • it's not working to me :( error : ......\botsect.exe is not a valid Win32 application. :| 
    Monday, March 29, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Thanks Dr. Latino,

What you given the above command is working fine. But after removing the those two files it is asking the boot menu again. Please Help it.

Friday, November 19, 2010 3:51 PM
  • @Dr Latino Thanks. Works fine
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:42 PM