Office 2010 web components RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm a C++/MFC developer.

My company's MFC application works with Office 2003 web components

The application uses mainly the Excel components

We were upgrading our Office system from 2003 to 2010 and as a result, the part of our application which works with the Office 2003 web component is no longer available (in debug mode an assertion pops up)

I'm trying to find equivalent Office 2010 web component with no success

Can anyone help me with this issue??

Thanks

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:11 AM

Answers

• I have found the solution:

My code uses Office 2003 Web components.
    As long as I had Office 2003 installed on all machines, all relevant components were already there.
    Once I uninstalled Offices 2003 and installed Office 2010, all those components were also removed
    so my application has failed to load them.

The solution is simple:
    Download and install Office 2003 Add-in: Office Web Components  on all relevant machines
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=7287252c-402e-4f72-97a5-e0fd290d4b76&displaylang=en)
    This way relevant components are back on your machine(s) and the application can use them again.

Enjoy
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:42 AM

All replies

• I have found the solution:

My code uses Office 2003 Web components.
    As long as I had Office 2003 installed on all machines, all relevant components were already there.
    Once I uninstalled Offices 2003 and installed Office 2010, all those components were also removed
    so my application has failed to load them.

The solution is simple:
    Download and install Office 2003 Add-in: Office Web Components  on all relevant machines
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=7287252c-402e-4f72-97a5-e0fd290d4b76&displaylang=en)
    This way relevant components are back on your machine(s) and the application can use them again.

Enjoy
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:42 AM
  • Hi Orozomo,

Thanks for your sharing the information.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

So far we have tested and after installing OWC on machines running win 7 and win 8 with IE 9 and IE10 respectively, we have no issues and our applications are working smooth.

Despite OWC support will end 4/2014, Do you know untill when office web components will be available to download?

Have  read in sevral articles that as far as OWC is installed and not giving any issues on usage, it should be fine, wanted to find out what will be the scenario for OWC compatibility with Windows 9?

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:43 PM