none
Any good entity framework books? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Entity Framework and just wondering with the release of VS 2010 and the new Entity Framework are there any good books I can get to help me get started? Anything that is updated or new for the new entity framework version?

Sunday, March 28, 2010 7:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Julie Lerman's book is a great resource.  I could recommend another wonderful resource that's being published soon, say, around May 12th,  but that might be considered a shameless commercial plug ;-)
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:53 PM
  • I second Julie's book...She really knows the EF.
    Monday, March 29, 2010 1:58 AM
  • Julie's book is definitely the way to go.  She is currently updating it for Entity Framework 4 so you may want to hold off until the new version comes out, but the first edition is awesome too.  Here is a link to the current edition: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520298/.  There is also a rough cuts version of the new one you can get access to as well: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596807252/

Dane

Monday, March 29, 2010 2:01 AM
  • I like the Entity Framework Learning Guide from Zeeshan Hiran very much, and it's free!!!!
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Professional ADO.NET 3.5 with LINQ and the Entity Framework

by Roger Jennings

Is it a good Entity Framework book?

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-ADO-NET-LINQ-Entity-Framework/dp/047018261X/

Saturday, April 3, 2010 11:37 PM
  • OK I've just found a great book for Entity Framework. I took several people's suggestion about Zeeshan Hiran's Learning Guide. He's published a book that I ordered (and just got delivered on Friday) called Entity Framework 4.0 Recipes. If you thought the learning guide was good, this book will totally blow you away.  It's got about twice as many recipes as the learning guide and is professionally written and very well organized. I spend most of the weekend jumping from recipe to recipe.  Everyting is incredibly simple and concise. No long winded examples.  This thing is definitely at the top of the list!  Here's the link were I ordered it from:

Oh yea...this is specifically for Entity Framework 4.0.  The other books all are for the older version of EF. If you are going to use Entity Framework, you need this one.

Steve

Monday, May 17, 2010 6:16 PM
  • Hi Steve, I am very happy that you like our work on Entity Framework Recipes. The book took us two years of monitoring Entity Framework and lots and lots of help from the EF team. If you do like the book, please give us a rating on amazon to promote the book. Thanks Zeeshan Hirani
    Monday, May 17, 2010 6:46 PM
  • I just posted a review of the Entity Framework Recipes book on Amazon.  I gave it 5 stars because I think it's the best book (for me) on Entity Framework that I've seen.  There are just so many examples and things I've never seen anywhere else on EF.  I plan on getting Julie Lernman's book when it comes out for 4.0 because I think it covers things more like a reference book, but to actually program EF, I don't think you can beat Zeeshan's book.

Steve

Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:03 PM