none
VC++ addin in excel migration to VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an Excel addin created in VC++ 6.0 which the client wants to move to a latest technology.. This is almost 10+ years old and needless to say that we have no documentation on the application. Can someone tell me the best way to move forward on this migration.. I can see books, sample on VBA to VSTO migration but none on VC++ to VSTO.. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi suchintya,

I will not recommend you to try to use any VC++ to C# convertor , as it will not work correctly and not able to convert your code successfully. (you can still develop the addin in C++ but I think that C# will be a better choice.) as so many code examples and articles are available for C#.

does your VC++ code use Excel object model?

I suggest you to develop this Addin from scratch.

use Excel object model and develop your addin with VSTO will be a suitable option for you.

below is the links for Excel object model and VSTO related articles.

Excel Object Model Overview

Object model (Excel VBA reference)

Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-in for Excel

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:53 AM