none
cannot we provide relative path for the dlls to be deployed to GAC when using gacutil RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing NANT sCripts to deploy assemblies into GAC but I am getting error like' failure in adding assembly to cache. sytem canot find the file specified " if i use the full paths it works . Cannot we use relative paths I have a folder known as GAC in my project directory . i want to give path like GAC\name of the dll in my NANt Scripts and install them to assembly by using GACUTIL

• Moved by Alexander Sun Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:16 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Monday, June 6, 2011 12:03 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

As error message described, your NANT script project is not able to find file if you don’t provide a full-path of the assembly. I am not familiar with NANT script, so I don’t know how the NANT script project find file though provided path. But as I know, .NET project could access a file which is in project directory.

For example, we have a test.xlsx file in the path of "project directory/GAC", we can access it though code below(it is not necessary to provide a full path):

Process p = new Process();

ProcessStartInfo si = new ProcessStartInfo();

si.FileName=@"GAC\test.xlsx";

p.StartInfo=si;

p.Start();

I think you'd better post thread in NANT script related forum.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Friday, June 17, 2011 5:29 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:12 AM

All replies

• Hi ToniPalmiero,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I am sorry that this forum is about .NET Framework Setup. Your problem is a kind of CLR issue, so I will move your thread to CLR forum.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Thanks
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:13 AM
  •  

Hi,

As error message described, your NANT script project is not able to find file if you don’t provide a full-path of the assembly. I am not familiar with NANT script, so I don’t know how the NANT script project find file though provided path. But as I know, .NET project could access a file which is in project directory.

For example, we have a test.xlsx file in the path of "project directory/GAC", we can access it though code below(it is not necessary to provide a full path):

Process p = new Process();

ProcessStartInfo si = new ProcessStartInfo();

si.FileName=@"GAC\test.xlsx";

p.StartInfo=si;

p.Start();

I think you'd better post thread in NANT script related forum.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]

• Proposed as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Friday, June 17, 2011 5:29 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:12 AM
  • Agree with Paul. The issue that you have specified is that the NAnt script doesnt recognize the relative path that you have provided. You could refer to http://nant.sourceforge.net/release/latest/help/fundamentals/projects.html for the NAnt relative path documentation and see if it helps.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:09 AM