App Service 1.7 on ASDK 1908 - Can't Swap Deployment Slots RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have recently deployed the ASDK 1908 + App Service 1.7 and facing the following problem while swapping Deployment Slots (Didn't have the problem with previous versions 1.1-1.6 as i remember):

Failed to complete swap between slot 'Dev' and slot 'production'. Error: {"_body":"{\"error\":{\"code\":\"GatewayTimeout\",\"message\":\"The gateway did not receive a response from 'Microsoft.Web' within the specified time period.\"}}","status":504,"ok":false,"statusText":"OK","headers":{"cache-control":["no-cache"],"pragma":["no-cache"],"content-type":["application/json; charset=utf-8"],"expires":["-1"],"x-ms-failure-cause":["service"],"x-ms-request-id":["524c5c6e-352a-4d3b-817c-e22921e09d9a"],"x-ms-correlation-request-id":["524c5c6e-352a-4d3b-817c-e22921e09d9a"],"x-ms-routing-request-id":["LOCAL:20190923T142641Z:524c5c6e-352a-4d3b-817c-e22921e09d9a"]},"type":2

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Leon.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:33 PM

Answers

• This error is strange, as it indicates that it did not receive a response when sending the request to swap. Are you having any other errors with App Service or other Azure Stack services, or does this occur only when swapping deployment slots? Also, does this occur every time you swap or only intermittently?

to start, I would validate your Azure Stack deployment using test-AzureStack to make sure to make sure that all Azure Stack services are up and running. 

• Marked as answer by Leon Shapritsky Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:58 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Hi Travis,

I restarted all App Services Roles and the ASDK. After that the swap operation succeeded.

Thanks again,

Leon

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:58 PM

All replies

• This error is strange, as it indicates that it did not receive a response when sending the request to swap. Are you having any other errors with App Service or other Azure Stack services, or does this occur only when swapping deployment slots? Also, does this occur every time you swap or only intermittently?

to start, I would validate your Azure Stack deployment using test-AzureStack to make sure to make sure that all Azure Stack services are up and running. 

• Marked as answer by Leon Shapritsky Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:58 PM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Hi Travis and thank you for the reply!

Test-AzureStack passed all the tests.

The issue is permanent and happens on S1 and S2 dedicated tears, didn't try it on S3, but i think it will be the same.

I tried the swap via the portal and also via Visual Studio, with the same result.

Which App Service role is actually "responsible" for the swap operation? FrontEnd, Management, Controller? I'm asking for this in order to know where to focus on event logs...

Thank you in advance,

Leon.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Hi Travis,

I restarted all App Services Roles and the ASDK. After that the swap operation succeeded.

Thanks again,

Leon

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:58 PM
  • Thanks for the follow up! I am glad you were able to resolve the issue. 
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:33 PM