Event when Remote Client is accessing Windows 10 IoT Core? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to create a sort of lockout functionality for Windows 10 IoT Core so it can be used on a local display as well as by the Windows 10 IoT Remote Client. And when the Remote Client is in use some functionality can't be used on the local display.

To do this I am just looking for a way to detect if the Remote Client in active or an event that fires when remote client begins and stops that I can use in the UWP code to be able to implement this.

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hello bwhelan,

You may try to monitor if there is a connectivity of the Remote Client. It seems that the port for Remote Client is 8000. You can use netstat command to confirm the port. ControlChannelTriggerenables real time notifications to be received in the background for objects that establish a TCP connection. You may refer to this sample

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Xu-MSFT Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by bwhelan Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:37 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:43 AM