[Storage:Deployment] Configure Storage Cluster - Cluster network name resource failed registration of one or more associated DNS names(s) RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently trying to deploy the ASDK and consistently hitting an issue now with the Storage Cluster. Once the test cluster is created, it doesn't get past this:

VERBOSE: [Storage:Deployment] Creating a JEA session to the cluster - 7/27/2019 4:
    VERBOSE: [Storage:Deployment] Connecting to JEA endpoint StorageEndpoint.1.1906.4.
    attempt #1 - 7/27/2019 4:43:25 PM
    VERBOSE: [Storage:Deployment] Configure Storage Cluster - 7/27/2019 4:43:27 PM

When I open the Failover Cluster Manager, I am getting the below error:

• Cluster network name resource failed registration of one or more associated DNS names(s) because the access to update the secure DNS Zone was denied. Cluster Network name: 'Cluster Name' , DNS Zone: 'azurestack.local'. Ensure that cluster name object (CNO) is granted permissions to the Secure DNS Zone.

I am using an external DHCP server and Azure Cloud.  There is internet connectivity and I'm signed in as the AzureStackAdmin.  Does anyone have a working example of the IP Config for the Deployment, HostNIC, Management and Storage1 virtual adapters?  It seems as though something isn't able to reach the AzS-DC01?

Any help is appreciated!

Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:04 PM

All replies

• If I failover the name resource in the cluster, it fails.  However, following the suggestion in the link below does allow me to failover without issue, so my assumption is that a repair is fixing the problem: 

https ://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4f34da12-fa0f-4bc5-937e-b54e5a76337d/server-2016-cluster-gives-error-on-node?forum=ws2016

However, the Azure Stack Development Kit installer PS is still hung at:

VERBOSE: [Storage:Deployment] Configure Storage Cluster - 7/28/2019 5:50:46 AM

Is there a way to tell what is being repaired so I can fix this before the installer gets here so it doesn't just end up hanging the install?  If that's actually the problem.. 

Sunday, July 28, 2019 6:19 AM
  • I spoke with dlagrew offline, he was only using 3 data disks, and the minimum is 4. 

A deployment with 4 data disks is being attempted to see if that resolves the storage clustering issue. 

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:39 AM