none
SAP Schemas RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Again,

Just to add onto this, I cant find to see all of the Root nodes /corresponding elements in the Send Idoc schema for mappings instead i can see them in the other schema which is generated along with this Send schema from SAP. So for mapping I can go with one source and destination schema in biztalk now how to deal with this scenario? do i need to go back to SAP team informing the same? or is there any alternative in biztalk to handle this scenario?

Regards,

Lathaa

Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Lathaa

These nodes in the Send schema are as follows (in schema editor, you can search for below elements in Send schema to locate them) - 

E2EDP01010

E2EDP05002

E2EDK03

E2EDKA1003

The general pattern is that E1E.. segments become E2E.. elements in the schema. Also some elements in the Send schema will have some extra integers appended on the SAP segment name, like E2EDP01010.

One tip to help you in future:

Let's say you are not able to find E1EDP01 in the Send schema, open the other(data types) schema in XML view (right-click the schema -> Open With -> XML (Text) Editor.

Now do a search for that segment name as - ":E1EDP01". Keep going until you find exact segment name, it will be like -

<element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="E2EDP01010" type="ns3:E1EDP01">

Now, you can come back to the Send schema and do mapping with E2EDP01010 element, as it represents the E1EDP01 segment.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Lathaa

I am more or less sure that the schema got generated correctly. 

Which element/segment are you unable to find in the Send schema?

Note that all of SAP segment names are not always obvious in the Send schema as discussed earlier. You have to confirm the segment name(s) from the "Data Structure Type" property on the elements in the Send schema.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:27 AM
  • Hi Arindam,

yes, i did cross check for whatever nodes/elements I am looking for in Send schema for their Data structure type/segment type. I am looking at ORDERS05 740 version schema where in I cant find below root nodes and corresponding elements in Send schema.

E1EDP01

E1EDP05

E1EDK03

E1EDKA1

THESE I CAN FIND IN THE OTHER SCHEMA NOT IN SEND SCHEMA. 

please suggest. 

Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:51 AM
  • Hi Lathaa

These nodes in the Send schema are as follows (in schema editor, you can search for below elements in Send schema to locate them) - 

E2EDP01010

E2EDP05002

E2EDK03

E2EDKA1003

The general pattern is that E1E.. segments become E2E.. elements in the schema. Also some elements in the Send schema will have some extra integers appended on the SAP segment name, like E2EDP01010.

One tip to help you in future:

Let's say you are not able to find E1EDP01 in the Send schema, open the other(data types) schema in XML view (right-click the schema -> Open With -> XML (Text) Editor.

Now do a search for that segment name as - ":E1EDP01". Keep going until you find exact segment name, it will be like -

<element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="E2EDP01010" type="ns3:E1EDP01">

Now, you can come back to the Send schema and do mapping with E2EDP01010 element, as it represents the E1EDP01 segment.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:00 AM
  • Hi Laatha,

Just make sure once that the schema generated is correct....in this case I suggest try to generate the request scheama once again may be in another application and see if anything changes, if no, you should rather consult the sap team because changing the message type from generated items should be avided if possible.

regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:48 AM
  • Hi Mandar,

Thanks for your response. I did, but the schema generated remains the same. However, I checked the way Arindam has suggested and that way i can find the elements I am looking for. SAP team agrees for the same as well. Thanks again for your time.

Friday, August 26, 2016 10:40 AM
  • Hi Arindam,

Yes, I did check the way you suggested and I can find the E2EDP01010 segment definition under E2EDP01010GRP in my actual schema. This tip is of much help for me going further as well where in i could resolve many other schema issues.

Thank you for the response and useful tip.

Regards 

Friday, August 26, 2016 10:43 AM